The girls from No Place Like Home are sharing a Mother’s Day Gift Guide to help you choose a gift for the Mother in your life. We have divided the gifts up into categories to make it easier for you. I am sharing gifts for a Do It Yourself Mom.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. To see full disclosure policy click here.
This may be sound crazy but I told my husband years ago what I think about him giving me gifts. I do not want a gift for Christmas. Instead, spend that money on our kids. I do not want a gift for our anniversary. I just want to go out alone for a good meal and a date night. Do not get me flowers for Valentine’s day, a card will be great. But I really want a gift for my birthday and a gift for Mother’s day. Those are the two days that I want to feel special and appreciated. I think that’s a fair deal!
Apollo Precision Pink Tool Kit with Tool Box. This is a great starter kit with the basic tools you need. A portion of the sales goes to breast cancer research. I like the tool box to store all of your basic tools.
Silver Hammer Necklace Can someone show this to my husband, please? I do not own this necklace but I wish I did. It is a perfect gift for a woman who loves to do her own projects.
- Floral Work Apron. I always paint with an apron to protect my clothes and I love this floral one.
- BSTPOWER Hot Glue Gun. A glue gun is a must for a DIY Mom. I do not own this one yet but I am ordering it today because it has received great reviews in my research of glue guns. It is also priced under $20 which I like.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine. This is great for the crafty DIY mom. There are so many wonderful things this machine can do. It is perfect for stationery, labels, monograms, signs and so much more. It is the Cadillac of cutters. It can even cut leather. There are so many projects you can find on Pinterest for this machine.
- Black & Decker Battery Screwdriver. I purchased this because my husband’s electric screwdriver is heavy and hard for me to maneuver. This one is great because you can bend the handle to get in tight spaces and it is very light for me to use. In fact, my husband is always asking me if he can borrow it. It is priced under $20.
- 2 Pack Professional Chalk Paint Brush. I use this brush for many projects because it can get in corners, crevices, and pieces with patterns. It is perfect to use for getting wax onto your piece.
- Homeright Small Paint Shelter. This paint shelter used for spray painting is a total game-changer. I wish that I had purchased this years ago. I keep my shelter set up in my garage and I drag it outside to paint my items. The shelter protects everything from getting paint on it but it also protects your wet paint from getting damaged by debris blowing onto it. You can also purchase the larger shelter if she does bigger projects such as furniture.
- Dual Brush Pen Art Markers. I chose these pens because hand-lettering is so popular right now. This is a gift for the crafty DIY mom. There are many YouTube videos on how to hand letter but you need to have the right pens to start learning. I would love to receive the pens with a notebook for hand lettering.