Have you seen the DIY faux olive trees that everyone is making? I am going to show you how to make a DIY faux olive tree for a table centerpiece.
This post contains affiliate links. You can view my full disclosure policy here.
I wanted to set my table for spring. My goal is to have a neutral table but I needed a centerpiece.
After seeing so many bloggers made the diy faux olive tree on Instagram, I made a large tree myself. I love how the tree turned out so I made a small one for my neutral spring tablescape. Faux olive trees are pricey so I saved a lot of money by making my own.
Large DIY Faux Olive Tree
I followed a tutorial from Proverbs Thirty One Girl on Instagram. Go follow her and watch her tutorial if you want to make a large tree yourself. I was inspired by her so I want to give her the credit for this wonderful project.
Small DIY Faux Olive Tree for a Table Centerpiece
This project is so easy! You can make this faux olive tree in minutes. The tree is made with a real tree branch and faux olive stems.
Vase or container for faux olive tree
Real tree branch
Faux olive stems- I found mine at Walmart for $3 a stem.
Styrofoam, sand or anything to hold the branch in the jar.
Spanish moss –I purchased my moss from Walmart for a couple of dollars.
- Find a tree branch the size that you desire. This branch will be the tree trunk.
2. Get a container for the tree. I painted an old container I had on hand.
3. You can do this step any way you like. Secure your branch into the container with styrofoam, sand, mortar, gravel, etc. I used craft beads that were already in the container.
4. Drill holes for the stems into the branch where you desire.
5. Cut stems with wire cutters. The stems that I used were made to be bent and snap in half but I still used wire cutters.
6. Add glue to the end of the stems if you desire to secure the stem into the hole.
The DIY Faux Olive Tree looks beautiful as a centerpiece for my neutral spring table.
You might also like to see my latest room makeover for under $100.
Vintage Inspired Bedroom Under $100
Faux Cement Lamp with Paint