I am not going to try to sell this low fat and low sugar lemonade pie as a healthy, clean, diet food, but I am going to sell it as a great little dessert that is perfect for after supper during the summer. The fact that it a lower calorie dessert is just a bonus!
I really like to prepare a dessert for my family every once in a while, but I usually talk myself out of it because I will be the one to finish off the rest of the dessert over the next few days, and I will not be able to fit into my pants. It is not right for me to punish them because I am a weak person who has no willpower.
This little pie is a perfect size. It will feed the four of us with maybe two large slices left over. Now, those two slices will be calling me the next day to come eat both of them, but since there is only two slices, I might be strong and let my two kids have them. Maybe.
It only takes a few minutes to prepare this pie, and it is a perfect dessert to prepare when you find out last minute that you will be having guest over for supper. Don’t let the fact that this pie has less calories steer you away from making this for guest, because they will never know. This recipe is easy, quick, low fat, low sugar, and taste amazing!
- 1 small box of vanilla no sugar cook and serve pudding mix
- 1/2 tube of Crystal Light lemonade mix (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 8 ounce fat free cream cheese
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- Combine pudding mix, Crystal Light lemonade mix, and milk in a sauce pan, and cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Set aside to cool. In a mixer, beat cream cheese and vanilla flavoring, and slowly add in pudding mixture. Fold in 1 1/2 cup cool whip. Pour into crust, and top with remaining cool whip. Chill for several hours until pie is firm. Store in refrigerator.
- If you forget and use the entire sleeve of lemonade mix, it will still be good. It will be more tart that the original recipe.