I made this cute DIY No-Sew Valentine Heart Garland and is easy for kids to make.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can view the full disclosure policy here.
I really enjoy decorating for different seasons. Ever since I was a child, I have made my own seasonal decor. When I was in grade school, we had something called exploratory class the last period of the day. We usually did some type of craft every six weeks. I learned so many hobbies that have been very valuable in my life. We learned macrame, sewing, embroidery, leather stamping, line dancing, cooking, baking, knitting, and art. I had no idea how much I would use the skills. Sure, you can purchase seasonal decor but I enjoy it more if I make it.
A great way to add seasonal decor to your home is with garlands. Garlands can be draped across a fireplace. You can also drape garlands across a window or a mirror.
This little Valentine heart garland looks so cute and it is super easy to make. I made this garland in about one hour. The garland uses small scraps of material. You probably have all of the supplies at home.
- Use a heart-shaped item to outline a heart on the material. I used a cookie cutter.
- Spread apart one or two cotton balls and place in the center of the heart shape.
- Add a line of glue around the edge of the heart. Try to keep the line straight.
- Press the edges with the glue together with your fingers. If you use Liquid Stitch, the glue will adhere almost immediately.
- After the glue dries, you can trip up the edges of the heart with scissors if you desire. Tie the heart with a piece of string to the twine. I used a needle and thread to do this step. The DIY no-sew Valentine heart garland is done. This project is so simple and looks cute. Have fun and remember that your homemade decor doesn’t have to be perfect. It will be special because you made it yourself.