Make these beautiful bridesmaid dress cupcakes with fondant for your bridesmaids. This edible cupcake is perfect to serve at your bridesmaid’s tea or bridesmaid’s lunch. Make homemade cupcakes or use store-bought cupcakes.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. You can view full disclosure policy.
Everything on this cupcake is edible. The hangers and the dresses are made from fondant. You can purchase premade fondant to make creating this cupcake easier. If you loved playing with Playdough as a kid, you will love playing with fondant. Step-by-step photos below.
These bridesmaid dress cupcakes look so beautiful sitting on a table at a bridesmaid’s tea. You could also use these for any event for a bride. It is a perfect treat that the bridesmaids could eat now or take them home for later. They are a show stopper and will have all your guests talking. I love the soft colors but you can use any colors that you desire. The color of the bridesmaid’s dresses would be perfect. Your wedding is a special time which requires special and unique things.
Water or Clear Vanilla or Almond Flavoring
A small spatula tool is optional. I purchased a tool for a cricket maker to lift my fondant pieces off the counter. You can see a picture of the example below.
My favorite brands of fondants can be purchased online. You can use the fondant from the arts and craft store if you like. The Wilton brand works but in my opinion, it does not taste as well. I always order white and add food coloring to it. This will save you money.
Food Coloring. This is a set but you can order small bottles for $5. It only takes a tiny bit to create soft colors.
The Coat Hangers
- Take a small ball of the fondant. I added a tiny amount of black Americolor Food Color to get a soft grey color. Roll out your fondant until thin.
2. Shape the fondant into the shape of a coat hanger. cut off the excess.
The Bridesmaid Dress
- Color your fondant the color desired. Roll the fondant into an even thickness circle.
2. Cut the fondant into the shape of the dress top. I like to draw a template onto a piece of paper first.
3. Place dress top onto the hanger and fold the dress straps over the hanger.
4. Attach the dress straps to the hanger with a very small amount of water or vanilla flavoring. The liquid will act as a glue. You can use a paintbrush or your finger.
5. Attach a Popsicle stick to the back of the dress with a small amount of water or vanilla flavoring. I like to use a small spatula to move the fondant pieces around.
- Roll fondant into a thin circle. Use a pan or bowl to cut out the circle.
2. Use a small circle shape to cut out the circle in the center of the fondant. This small hole is where you will stick the bridesmaid dress on the Popsicle stick into.
3. Drape the dress skirt over the cupcake. It should naturally fall into a skirt shape. Be sure and get it centered correctly before placing onto the cupcake.
4. Stick the dress top into the skirt.
5. Make a belt for the dress the same way you made the hanger. Attach the belt with a very tiny amount of water or vanilla flavoring.
This bridesmaid dress cupcake is so fun to make. I think your guest will love the cupcakes.
You make like my post on How to Freeze a Cake with Frosting.