I am sharing my 7 Thrift Store Lighting Makeovers with you. It is amazing what you can create for your home with items from a Thrift Store.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See full disclosure policy.
My favorite way to decorate my home without overspending is to makeover something found at a Thrift Store. Thrift store shopping is so popular now. Even home designers are shopping at thrift stores. The way I decide on how to decorate areas in my home is to find inspiration photos.
My method for Thrift Store Makeovers
- Scroll through Instagram and Pinterest for homes that I like.
- When I see something that makes me stop and take a better look, I save the photo.
- Next, I go through my saved photos of homes and home decor.
- I try to figure out what exactly is it that I am drawn to in the picture. Is it the art, the furniture, the rugs? Is it the colors in the home? Or is it the style of the home?
- Afterward, I make notes or take a screenshot of the items that I like and I try to find these items at a thrift store.
- Very often I can repaint something from the thrift store and make it look like something from my inspiration photos.
Walk into the Thrift Store and think of the shape of the light that you would want. When I find a light that will work, I take a picture of the wiring and send it to my husband. He will tell me if the light will work.
My Favorite Thrift Store Lighting Makeovers
This DIY Orb Chandelier is made with a small chandelier that is from a thrift store. The chandelier is transformed by using gold spray paint and macrame hoops. This project is so easy and quick to make. Check out the blog post for the tutorial.
This DIY Faux Concrete Lamp is probably my favorite light in my home. This project is great for a DIY beginner. You can’t mess this up. If you don’t like what you have done, you just add more paint. Visit the blog post for the tutorial so that you can make one yourself.
The DIY Tripod Floor Lamp made with an old thrifted telescope is probably my quickest lighting makeover to date. I see these telescopes very often at thrift stores. See the blog post for the directions for this easy floor lamp makeover.
I also made this Industrial Tripod Light with the same telescope.
The only thing I did to make these beautiful popular jug lamps is repaint them. See DIY Jug Lamps to see how easy this lighting makeover is.
The Farmhouse Kitchen Light Makeover is made with galvanized buckets and is very popular on the blog.
DIY Chandelier Floor lamp is also a very popular post of mine. This is such a fun way to makeover a thrifted chandelier.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my favorite thrift store lighting makeovers. My desire is that you find something to inspire you before you head to the thrift store. It is amazing what you can make with an idea and an item from a thrift store.