I am not even kidding, this is the best tuna pasta salad I have ever tasted, and the reason why is that I have adapted an old recipe with all the ingredients that I like in a pasta salad. I always make this pasta salad for lunch when I go with my girlfriends to the beach or to the lake, and we look forward to coming in for lunch just for this salad.
This recipe has pasta, and you can use any kind of pasta that you like but the bow ties are my fave. I love to add tuna to the salad because it taste great, and the tuna is a great source of protein. I like to have a bowl of this salad for lunch and with the tuna added in, I feel that it is a complete lunch. It has fresh vegetables like cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions. If you like any other vegetables in your salad, by all means, throw it in. I My favorite ingredient in this salad, and the ingredient that makes this salad so wonderful is the capers. Capers are picked, dried in the sun, and then brined so they are very salty. Some people rinse their capers but I would never do that because I love the saltiness that it gives the salad. If you have never tried capers, please for the love, try them in this salad! They will not disappoint.
The dressing for this salad is amazing. You can use bottled Italian dressing but I beg you to make the dressing especially if you are serving company with this salad.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Tuna Pasta Salad!
- For the Salad
- 12 ounces of pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons capers
- For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppe
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Let the pasta cool down. Pour the pasta and the vegetables in a mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl stir the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk. Toss the pasta, vegetables and dressing well and let sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You can add as much or as little of any ingredient that you like in this recipe.